Confirmation Preparation – Adults
Adults who wish to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation please contact Mary Dumm at 586-268-2244.
Confirmation Preparation – Teens (Grades 9-12)
Teens (Grades 9-12) who wish to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation please contact Mary Dumm or Diann Chase at 586-268-2244.
Confirmation Preparation – 8th Grade
Practicing Catholic Adolescents, 8th grade or older who wish to celebrate Confirmation may register for Confirmation Prep classes. These preparation classes begin in November with the Sacrament of Confirmation being celebrated in the Easter season. Confirmation preparation also includes a Retreat (see calendar). Candidates for Confirmation will seek the spiritual help of a selected sponsor who is fully initiated into the Catholic Church and in good standing.
Please watch this space or The Flame Bulletin to keep track of all confirmation related details.
The Our Father, Hail Mary, Act of Contrition and Glory Be must be memorized before celebrating the sacrament. Prayers may be recited to Diann Chase – Director of Religious Education anytime during the summer. Please call the office (586) 268-2244 to schedule a time. Parent/Child Orientation will be another opportunity for prayers to be recited or handwritten. Parent/Child Orientation on Tuesday, October 17, 2023 from 7:00 PM until 8:30 PM.
Parents, please register for the Confirmation Preparation Program when you register your child for regular 8th Grade Faith Formation Program. Confirmation Candidates will be required to attend Faith Formation for 8th Grade for the entire year.
- Parent/Child Orientation (see calendar).
- Confirmation Candidate Commitment Form.
- Prayers verified with Diann Chase.
- Weekly Mass Participation (Of Course!) Your child must regularly attend mass as a pre-requisite for registration for Confirmation. If you don’t attend regularly at St. Blase, please discuss with our Confirmation Coordinator, and request the weekly form available to be filled out for the mass attendance outside of St. Blase.
- Attend all sessions.
- Baptismal Certificate (copy) if teen was not baptized at St. Blase.
- Confirmation Sponsor Form.
- Confirmation Sponsor Interview Form.
- Celebrate Penance.
- Retreat – Saturday, March 9, 2024, 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. Includes 4 PM Mass.
- Candidate Interview.
- Rehearsal – Wednesday, April 17, 2024, 6:30 PM in the church (Candidate and Sponsor must be present at rehearsal).
- Confirmation – Sunday, April 21, 2024, 11:00 AM Mass.
PARENTS REGISTER FOR CONFIRMATION PREPARATION WHEN REGISTERING YOUR TEEN FOR REGULAR 8TH GRADE FAITH FORMATION.