Garden Club Poem
* Plant three rows of peas: peace of mind, peace of heart, peace of soul.
* Plant four rows of squash – squash gossip, squash indifference, squash
grumbling, squash selfishness.
* Plant four rows of lettuce – lettuce be faithful, lettuce be kind, lettuce be obedient, lettuce really love one another
* No garden without turnips – turnip for meetings, turnip for service, turnip to help one another
* Water freely with patience, and cultivate with love. There is much fruit in your garden because you reap what you sow.
* To conclude our garden: We must have thyme – thyme for God, thyme for study, thyme for prayer.
Provided by St. Blase Garden Club – 2008
About the Garden Club
The St. Blase Parish Garden Club was organized in August of 1999. The Garden Club is a group of parish members interested in the beautification of the St. Blase parish grounds. Using our God-given talents and the bounty and beauty of God’s gift of nature we will strive to create a peaceful garden setting for all to enjoy.
We plan to make the inside and outside environment a place of perpetual honor to God while providing an opportunity to begin and enhance new relationships within the faith family of St. Blase.
Our objective is to create an atmosphere where spiritual peace can be enjoyed in a more beautiful setting created in combination by nature and our God given talents. We are committed to love and serve all God’s people by utilizing the wondrous gifts of nature and human talents provided by our Lord. We plan to make the inside and outside environment of our parish a place of perpetual honor while providing an opportunity to begin and enhance new relationships within the community family.